Following the First Minister update as part of the Phase 3 route map update, we note the change to group size taking effect from September 11th will not apply to ‘organised sport’. Review the latest guidance here.
For our LKR members, this means that the boat locker at the canal basin will be accessible to members who are keyholders. If you are a member and require regular access to borrow a boat, you can request to become a keyholder.
Please remember these important things:
- maintain social distance of 2 metres on land
- organised activity can take place in groups of up to 30 people, subject to controls
- paddling can take place in groups of up to 6 people from a maximum of 2 households. Under 12s do not count towards this total providing they are from the two households.
- clean and disinfect any boat you touch, and your own when finished (use the disinfectant spray/hand sanitiser provided in the boat locker and tell a committee member if it’s running low)
- dispose of cleaning cloths/tissues safely in the bin bag provided inside the locker
- clean contact points on exit (door catches and door handle)
- sanitise your hands immediately on leaving (we recommend that you also keep your own hand sanitiser in your kit bag/car)
- shower as soon as you are home
- and remember….there is no toilet available – the nearest public toilet is at Tesco
and remember to HAVE FUN, responsibly!