Following the First Minister’s statement on 9th July the SCA has produced guidance for Paddlesport in Phase 3. These changes are starting to be introduced from 10th July. In summary:
For our LKR members, this means that the boat locker at the canal basin will be accessible to members who are keyholders from 11th July. If you are a member and require regular access to borrow a boat, you can request to become a keyholder.
Please remember these important things:
- socially distance (2 metres)
- maximum group size is now 5 households and maximum of 15 people
- clean and disinfect any boat you touch, and your own when finished (use the disinfectant spray/hand sanitiser provided in the boat locker and tell a committee member if it’s running low)
- dispose of cleaning cloths/tissues safely in the bin bag provided inside the locker
- clean contact points on exit (door catches and door handle)
- sanitise your hands immediately on leaving (we recommend that you also keep your own hand sanitiser in your kit bag/car)
- shower as soon as you are home
- and remember….there is no toilet available – the nearest public toilet is at Tesco
and remember to HAVE FUN!