At the AGM on Nov. 18, 2021, new fees and charges were supported by the membership – you can view the minutes here. Our LKR membership year runs from April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023, and we will contact all members in advance of the renewal. Below is a summary of the new membership fees and charges which were agreed.
April is the month when we all renew our membership. The LKR Membership Secretary, will send you an email in April each year to enable you to renew your membership online via our new digital membership membership system. You will receive confirmation via the online system of your membership renewal. For boat storage renewals/new requests, or for help/questions about membership, please email Stephen directly.
- Junior membership (under 18 at Jan. 1 2022) – £25 per annum
- Adult membership (18 and over at Jan. 1 2022)
- Own boat – £45 per annum
- Club boat – £120 per annum
- Away membership – £15 per annum
- Non-paddling membership – £15 per annum
- New members joining after Oct. 31 pay only 40% of the annual membership fee
Fee discounts 2022/2023
Discounts are available for junior membership fees within a family group. Each junior member of the family pays the appropriate membership fee:
- First family junior member pays 100% of their fee
- Second family junior member pays 75% of their fee
- Third family junior member pays 50% of their fee
Discounts no longer apply to adult, away or non-paddling memberships
- Lightning/Cadet Coaching – £25 per calendar month
- Performance/Competition Coaching (under 18 at Jan. 1 2022) – £60 per calendar month
- Development Coaching – £45 per calendar month
- Taster Session – £15 (per session – refunded off membership)
- Ad-Hoc/Guest Session – £10 (per session)
- Boat storage per boat – £50 per annum (renewable in April each year)
The detail summarised above was approved in whole at the Nov. 18, 2021 AGM, and was emailed to all members. View a copy here.
Scottish Canoe Association (SCA) Fees
|Membership Type||Fee (£)|
|Non-members day-rate||£5 per race|
|Junior Membership (under 18s)||£19 annually|
|Full Membership (over 18s)||
£42 annually (£38 by direct debit)
Both sprint and marathon racing are governed by the SCA. Non-members can participate in SCA events by paying the day membership rate of £5. Day membership(s) can be redeemed against full individual membership for up to 12 months.
- The official SCA magazine ‘Scottish Paddler’ delivered quarterly
- Discounts with a wide range of retailers
- Access to a wide variety of discounted SCA events and courses
- Monthly member e-newsletters
- Access to a large support network consisting Access Advisors, Regional Officers
- Eligibility to stand for election on SCA Board/Committees
- Civil liability insurance within the UK, up to £10,000,000
Membership prices listed above are correct at time of writing. Family discounts are also available for family/joint memberships). Latest information is available at SCA website.
If you’ve other questions, speak to Stephen