At the AGM on Nov. 16, 2020, new fees and charges were supported by a significant majority of the membership (97%) – you can view the minutes here. Our LKR membership year runs from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022, and we will contact all members in advance of the renewal. Below is a summary of the new membership fees and charges which were agreed.
April is the month when we all renew our membership. Stephen Patterson, LKR Membership Secretary, will email forms to you by April 1. Once you return the completed forms and pay your fees by standing order, Stephen will send you an email to confirm that your membership has been successfully renewed.
- Junior membership (under 18 at Jan. 1 2021) – £25 per annum
- Adult membership (18 and over at Jan. 1 2021) – £40 per annum
- Away membership – £15 per annum
- Non-paddling membership – £10 per annum
- New members joining after Oct. 31 pay only 40% of the annual membership fee
Fee discounts 2021/2022
Discounts are available and apply to both Junior and Adult membership fees, and are applied in the order of adult memberships first and then junior memberships within the family group..
Each member of the family pays the appropriate membership fee:
- First family member pays 100% of their fee
- Second family member pays 70% of their fee
- Third family member pays 40% of their fee
- Fourth and subsequent family members pay £20% of their fee
- Competition Coaching (under 18 at Jan. 1 2021) – £39 per calendar month
- Club Coaching – £20 per calendar month
- Lightning Coaching – £20 per calendar month
- Taster Session – £10 (per session)
- Guest Session – £10 (per session)
- Boat storage per boat – £50 per annum (commencing Feb. 1, 2021)
The document with the detail summarised above and approved in whole at the November 2020 AGM, was emailed to all members in advance of the AGM. Let us know if you’d like a copy.
Scottish Canoe Association (SCA) Fees
|Membership Type||Fee (£)|
|Non-members day-rate||£5 per race|
|Junior Membership (under 18s)||£19 annually|
|Full Membership (over 18s)||£39 annually|
Both sprint and marathon racing are governed by the SCA. Non-members can participate in SCA events by paying the day membership rate of £5. Day membership(s) can be redeemed against full individual membership for up to 12 months.
- The official SCA magazine ‘Scottish Paddler’ delivered quarterly
- Discounts with a wide range of retailers
- Access to a wide variety of discounted SCA events and courses
- Monthly member e-newsletters
- Access to a large support network consisting Access Advisors, Regional Officers
- Eligibility to stand for election on SCA Board/Committees
- Civil liability insurance within the UK, up to £10,000,000
Membership prices listed above are correct at time of writing. Family discounts are also available for family/joint memberships). Latest information is available at SCA website.
If you’ve other questions, speak to Stephen