Scottish Sprint Champs – Aug. 28, 2021 (more here)
- August 2021 – LKR’s Scottish Sprint Champions and medallists
- LKR’s 2021 Scottish Champions include Tom Patterson (U12b L 200m, 500m), Findlay Lewis (u16b 200m, 500m, 1000m), Kristina Armstrong (U18g 200m, 500m, 1000m), Gilbert Speirs (MM 200m, 500m, 1000m), Gilly MacWhirter (ML 1000m), Kacper Sroka with Rory Dowling Clark of FCC (Open Men’s K2 1000m), Kristina & Alexandra Armstrong (Open Ladies K2 200m, 500m)
Meet LKR’s 2021 GB Sprint Champions (more here)
Linlithgow Summer Series 2021
The final Summer Series event took place on Linlithgow Loch on Thursday September 9, 2021. Paddlers competed over one of three courses. The final results are available here and the series winners are:
- 10km (5 laps) – Oliver Bohle (M) & Lizelle Kemp (F)
- 6km (3 laps) for Juniors & Novices – Szymon Sroka (M) & Katherine Burnett (F)
- 2km (1 lap) for Lightnings – Rory Tait (M) & Erin Bateman (F)
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!!
LKR paddlers perform exceptionally at UK crew boat selection event – May 2021
What’s happening in the rest of the year – you may well ask……??
With restrictions easing we wanted to give you a heads up on what usually happens. The list below is provisional and subject to change. As information becomes available, we’ll keep this page updated. If in doubt, please check the SCA website for latest confirmations.
Sprint – view the sprint event calendar here
- There are two National Sprint Regattas in Nottingham which club members can attend. 3-4 July & 5-6 September – Heats & Finals races over the weekend (qualifying times & registration required). Speak to Derek for details.
- Scottish Sprint Championships – August 28, 2021 at Strathclyde Park (see above).
- British 5km Championships – Hooley 5k – Strathclyde Park, October 23, 2021 – The entries are NOW OPEN!
- Linlithgow Loch Summer Series – 5 races on Linlithgow Loch on Thursday evenings
- Union Canal Winter Series – 5 races on the Union Canal in Linlithgow on Sunday afternoons
Marathon – view the latest information about events here, which includes the following:
- Scottish Marathon Championships will be held at Glasgow Green on the weekend of September 25-26, 2021. The K1 champs will be on the Saturday and K2 on the Sunday. Entries are NOW OPEN – use the links below:
- Linlithgow / Ratho Marathon run by LKR
- BC National Marathon Championships
- Other possible Locations – Further details when available
- Forth & Clyde Canal, Bonnybridge
- Forth & Clyde Canal, Auchenstarry
- Forth & Clyde Canal, Glasgow
- River Tay, Perth
- River Forth, Stirling
- River Spey, Aberlour
- Scottish Racing Week – normally 5 races held over 8 days at various locations
- Glasgow to Edinburgh Challenge – October 9-10, 2021 – racing over 2 days along the Forth & Clyde + Union Canals. View results here
These races vary depending on location and conditions
- Possible locations:
- Oban Race (around the Isle of Kerrera)
- Nairn Sea Race, Moray Firth
- Coquet Island race, Northumberland
- Tail-o-the Bank, Firth of Clyde, Greenock
- Windermere Solstice Marathon (on a lake)